The Voluntary Sector Children’s Services Forum (VSCSF) provides an opportunity for Third Sector organisations that work in, or have an interest in, services for children and young people to work together and share knowledge, skills and resources to support children, families and communities in the Falkirk Council area to reach their full potential.
The Third Sector – comprising community groups, voluntary organisations, charities, social enterprises, co-operatives and individual volunteers – plays a vital in providing services for children and families in Falkirk, and this forum allows their voices, issues, concerns and views to be raised within Community Planning and the priorities and outcomes of the Strategic Outcomes and Local Delivery (SOLD) Plan.
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference will be available soon.
Dates of Future Meetings
VSCSF meets every 2 months; 2022 dates will be confirmed shortly.
All meetings will be held via Zoom, unless otherwise stated.
Minutes and Agendas of Previous Meetings
- Minutes of Thursday 25th November 2021; Agenda 25.11.2021
- Minutes of Thursday 20th September 2021 (available on request); Agenda 20.09.2021
- Minutes of Thursday 29th July 2021; Agenda 29.07.2021
- Minutes of Thursday 27th May 2021 (available on request); Agenda 27.05.2021; Presentations:
- Minutes of Friday 19th March 2021
- Minutes of Thursday 25th January 2021; Agenda 25.01.2021
- Minutes of Thursday 3rd December 2020; Agenda 03.12.2020; Presentation: Significant Case Review – “Child F”
- Minutes of Thursday 5th November 2020; Agenda 05.11.2020; Presentation: UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (Incorporation) (Scotland) Bill
- Minutes of Thursday 8th October 2020; Agenda 08.10.2020
- Minutes of Thursday 27th August 2020; Agenda 27.08.2020
- Minutes of Thursday 30th July 2020; Agenda 30.07.2020
- Minutes of Thursday 2nd July 2020, Agenda 02.07.2020
- Thursday 30th April 2020 (meeting cancelled due to COVID-19)
- Minutes of Thursday 27th February 2020 (available on request), Agenda 27.02.2020
If there are any issues, speakers or areas of interest you would like added to the agenda of future meetings, please contact Laura Jamieson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Jamieson: email@example.com
Falkirk Children’s Commission is a sub group of Falkirk Community Planning Partnership. The Commission is a multi-agency collaborative that leads and supports agencies to work together to improve outcomes and meet the needs of children and young people. Falkirk Children’s Commission has representatives from all services, statutory and voluntary, working within Children’s Services in Falkirk.
The Commission oversee the work on Getting It Right For Every Child (GIRFEC) in Falkirk. Further information about the Commission, GIRFEC, the Integrated Children’s Services Plan and other useful resources can be accessed on the For Falkirk’s Bairns Practitioner Pages.
A briefing document on the Named Person Service and information sharing is available on the Falkirk GIRFEC webpage. The briefing seeks to address concerns regarding information sharing, raised as a result of the recent Supreme Court ruling earlier in the year.
For further information, including on the Named Person Service, please visit the Falkirk GIRFEC webpage.
An Introduction to Wellbeing Card Game
Developed by Children in Scotland and The National Third Sector GIRFEC Project, the Wellbeing Card Game is designed to help community groups, clubs and other organisations to understand how their work contributes to the wellbeing of children and young people, using the 8 SHANARRI indicators.
The game is free to use, and comes with an introduction leaflet that gives a little background and instructions on how to play the game. To download the resources, please visit the Children in Scotland website.
CVS Falkirk now have 6 copies of the Wellbeing Card Game available for loan; for further information, please contact Laura Jamieson by phone: 01324 692003, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org