Supporting and Managing Volunteers During COVID-19
Volunteer Scotland has compiled a series of general guidance documents for organisation supporting volunteers during the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- Practical Guidance for Organisations Managing Volunteers during COVID-19
- “Please note: only services which are essential should be provided in communities. Volunteers should be encouraged to look out for their neighbours.”
- Advertising Opportunities During COVID-19
- PVG and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For further information, please view the full web article. Alternatively, for specific and local support around managing your volunteers or PVG applications and membership during this time, please contact CVS Falkirk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers play such an important role within an organisation: a resource that for many organisations couldn’t do without however they are a resource that needs to be looked after, managed and nurtured. If you want help to find the right people, to support and manage them effectively to ensure they have a positive experience with you and help your organisation get the best from volunteering, we are here to help.
At CVS Falkirk we have a dedicated volunteering team who can provide a range of support in relation to any aspect of your volunteer programme, for example;
- Creating new volunteering opportunities
- Supporting you to develop policies and procedures
- Recognising your volunteers commitment
- Sourcing funding to support your volunteer programme
- Providing training on a range of volunteer management topics
If you would like more information about the support we can offer please contact the volunteering team on 01324 692000 or email them: email@example.com
Below are a few frequently asked questions:
- Help you to develop new and existing volunteering opportunities
- Register your volunteer opportunities on our local and national websites
- Promote your volunteering opportunities locally
- Signpost potential volunteers to your organisation
- Help with good practice
- Provide training on volunteer management
Let us know that you need volunteers by completing a registration form for each opportunity you have. For example if you are looking for volunteer befrienders and admin support volunteers complete two separate forms. By doing so you’ll be providing us with the information we need to help you to recruit for these different roles.
You can request an opportunity form by contacting us by phone: 01324 692000, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we can either post or email you a copy.
We meet with many individuals who are interested in volunteering. Last year more than 500 individuals enquired about volunteering. One of these potential volunteers could be just who you are looking for!
We attend a variety of events throughout the year and so can promote your opportunities and your organisation on your behalf to participants and visitors to the events.
Whether your volunteers require to complete a disclosure check or PVG membership is dependent on the role they undertake within your organisation. Volunteer Scotland Disclosure Services provides guidance on the types of roles that require PVG membership. Disclosure Scotland also has a FAQ section on their website.
This is a simple, user-friendly quality standard to support, recognise and reward groups who are good at involving volunteers. Volunteer Friendly helps you to take a systematic look at what you do and how you do it. It offers a flexible approach which allows your group to work at its own pace, with full support from your local Volunteer Centre. It is based on the national standard Investing in Volunteers (IiV) but is designed for small organisations which may not be ready to undertake IiV yet, or which may be looking for a stepping stone towards IiV. It has never been more important for groups to be able to show how good they are at involving and managing their volunteers.
Contact our team for support by email: email@example.com