Providing a platform for third sector organisations in Falkirk to engage with the Community Planning Partnership, and Statutory Partners.
Unfortunately, during the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are cancelling third sector forum meetings held at our office. At the moment, this will be until the end of June.
However, we are hosting a COVID-19 online forum every two weeks, using Zoom: the COVID-19 Third Sector Response Forum. These meetings can be accessed via the Zoom link, or with the meeting ID: 443 342 097.
Further COVID-19 Third Sector Response Forums are scheduled until the end of May; all scheduled dates and minutes of previous meetings are available at the dedicated forum page.
Engaging in the various forums will ensure your group has:
- A platform to communicate with Community Planning
- The opportunity to be involved in influencing the agenda locally
- Networking opportunities with peers to agree joint actions and services
- A voice in influencing public policy & creating change
- Up to date information
- The knowledge to take part in consultations
- Access to training
- The ability to participate in local PSP initiatives
In addition to attending groups and meetings, CVS Falkirk will support and mentor anybody who wants to become more actively involved eg. chairing a forum or representing the third sector at partner meetings.
CVS Falkirk facilitates several groups and forums. The purpose of these is to provide Falkirk’s third sector the opportunity to discuss and debate issues, share knowledge, experience and practices, and to have a stronger, more coherent voice in the Community Planning process and beyond. These include:
- COVID-19 Third Sector Response Forum
- Community Care & Health Forum
- Community Transport Forum
- Connecting Volunteering Forum
- Economic Resilience & Employment Forum
- Safer Communities Forum
- Tackling Poverty & Inequalities Forum
- Voluntary Sector Children’s Services Forum
And attends other groups to represent the interest of the sector and communicate about policy and developments such as:
- Community Planning Partnership
- Public Partnership Forum
- Children’s Commission
- Community Safety Group
- And others
To find out more about the range of groups and their activities, and how you can participate please contact us.