Our Falkirk Funders Fayre 2020 exhibitor Firstport has launched their Pounds for Purpose initiative, and are now accepting applications.
Pounds for Purpose is open to young people aged 16 – 26 years old looking to make a positive impact in their communities. Each successful applicant will be awarded up to £500 to help get their idea “up and running”, and to cover some of the start-up costs.
Firstport will also provide business support for those who decide to turn their idea into a business.
To be eligible for the initiative:
- applicants must be aged 16 – 26 years old and permanently reside in Scotland at time of applying
- most people who benefit from the project must reside in Scotland
- proposed projects must not already be up and running on a regular basis
- proposed projects must be developed by an individual or team of individuals, as opposed to a pre-existing, established organisation
- proposed projects must not involve political campaigning or the advancement of religion
There is currently no application deadline.