- all household contacts of any confirmed COVID-19 case must isolate for 10 days regardless of vaccination status
- people should limit the amount of social contact you have with other households – gather in groups of no more than 3 households
- main family gatherings for the festive period have been recognised as important to people’s wellbeing, and currently, no limits are in place on these; however, rooms should be kept ventilated, and everyone should take lateral flow tests before, and after
- people are also being urged to defer work Christmas parties
- they are also strongly advised to take lateral flow tests in advance of meeting up with others
- Scottish Government published a new evidence paper on the variant
(Image caption: a blue banner reading “Coronavirus (COVID-19) Community Responses, Guidance and Resources” in white text; click the banner for the main COVID-19 page.)
The First Minister’s press conference on Friday 10th December is available to watch online via the Scottish Government Twitter, where she outlines these updates, joined by Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Professor Gregor Smith and National Clinical Director Professor Jason Leitch.
Additional measures (including limits with other households) were announced in the First Minister’s address to Scottish Parliament on Tuesday 14th December, which is available to watch on the Scottish Parliament website. All guidance will be released via the Scottish Government channels linked below.
Stay up to date with all COVID-19 restrictions via: