Scottish Government’s Volunteering Support Fund is now open for applications.
This new £3.3 million fund will be delivered by Impact Funding Partners over the next 3 years, with organisations able to apply for up to £30,000.
The fund is geared towards organisations in Scotland with an annual income of under £250,000. It aims to enable Scotland’s small to medium sized third sector organisations to recruit additional volunteers who will contribute towards delivering a new volunteering project, extending or expanding an existing one, and improve how volunteers are supported in their role.
The fund will support organisations to deliver on 4 key outcomes:
- increase diversity in the third sector’s volunteer pool, to particularly include people who experience disadvantage or would traditionally experience barriers to volunteering
- improve governance, leadership and financial knowledge of organisations through the recruitment of skilled volunteers, to enhance the third sector’s capacity
- improve organisational capacity to provide opportunities for skills and personal development through volunteering
- enhance services delivered by organisations to better meet the needs of the communities they serve
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- a third sector organisation (voluntary organisation or community group) whose Board of Trustees or Management Committee are predominantly volunteers
- organisations do not need to be registered charities, although their constitution or governing documents should make clear that funds will only be spent on purposes established in the constitution, and not distributed amongst members
- a third sector organisation working in Scotland with an annual income of under £250,000 (excluding any one-off capital costs or funding from a recognised emergency COVID-19 funding stream)
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 27th August.
Decisions are expected to be made by Friday 29th October and successful applicants will be informed the following week.
For further information, including how to apply, please visit the Impact Funding Partners website.