The Priority Services Register (PSR) is a free UK wide service that allows individuals or households to sign up to indicate that they require additional support during power cuts, or when there’s an interruption to their water supply.
PSR Scotland have now launched a new website where people can learn more about the free help available in their individual area, and sign up online to join the PSR.
People are eligible to register if they:
- are D/deaf or hard of hearing
- have a disability (including mental health conditions)
- live with children under 5 years old
- are blind or partially sighted
- have a chronic illness
- are over 60 years old
- depend on electricity or water for home or medical care
- feel they may need additional support, even for a temporary period of time
To sign up to the PSR, or for further information (including direct access to some energy and water suppliers’ PSR registration pages), please visit the Priority Services Register Scotland website.