Grants of up to £5,000 are open to any local food partnership, local authority or community group in the UK, to help communities tackle food and climate change.
Applicants are encouraged to propose their own ideas for local action, but should focus on areas that have a big impact locally, such as:
- encouraging and celebrating climate-friendly food in public institutions and council settings
- growing more sustainable and healthy food, especially in urban fringes
- tackling unfair and unhelpful pricing and advertising of the most climate-damaging foods
- supporting groups and communities that are marginalised to campaign for food climate justice and tackling racial injustice in the food system
- divesting from industrial agriculture
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 15th April.
To apply, or for further information, please visit the Sustain website.