- This event has passed.
Financial Harm Training
November 27, 2019 @ 9:15 am - 1:00 pm
In addition to their previously featured courses, the Adult Support and Protection team has organised Financial Harm Training, a half-day course taking place on Wednesday 27th November, 9:15am – 1pm at the Camelon Community Education Centre, Abercrombie Street, Camelon, FK1 4HA.
The course aims to assist multiagency staff in developing awareness of financial harm and the potential impact this may have on adults at risk (including a focus on older adults), and specifically to recognise where there is or may be a risk of financial harm or exploitation, and reinforce the need to report and record actual or suspected issues of financial harm or financial irregularities.
As a result of attending the Financial Harm Training, participants should be aware of:
- the legislative background
- the diversity of financial harm
- the national and local contexts
- the impact financial harm can have
- prevention and protection
In addition to key staff from third sector organisations and providers, the training is aimed at:
- council and community care workers
- home care and mec staff
- residential and day care managers and staff
- NHS district, community and nursing staff
- staff dealing with people in their own homes
Alternatively, booking forms can be sent by post: Evelyn McGregor, ASP Training Administrator, Falkirk Council, Camelon Social Work Office, 108b Glasgow Road, Camelon, Falkirk, FK1 4HS.