Adult Support and Protection (ASP) are holding the following training courses throughout autumn and winter 2019:
- Defensible Decision Making Training:
The course takes place on Monday 30th September and Thursday 21st November, and is aimed at:
- qualified and registered social workers, occupational therapists, nurses who will be required to act as council officers
- team managers who will manage or manage or are managing council officers
- service managers who will manage or are managing council officers
- other relevant key managers in NHS Forth Valley and Police Scotland
Defensible Decision Making Training aims to assist practitioners in developing skills, and confidence in making and recording well evidenced, defensible professional judgements in their day-to-day ASP work, which will stand professional and legal scrutiny. Practitioners will have the opportunity to explore issues around thresholds for intervention in ASP Practice, consider possible sources and providence of information on which sound professional decision are made, and explore some of the wider statutory and rights based issues arising from decision making in ASP Practice.
- Capacity and Consent Training:
The Capacity and Consent Training takes place on Friday 11th October and Monday 16th December, open to qualified and registered social workers, occupational therapists, nurses who will be required to act as council officers, team managers who will manage or manage or are managing council officers, and service managers who will manage or are managing council officers.
Learning outcomes for the course include being able to:
- understand capacity and consent issues as they relate to ASP legislation
- recognise the potential complexities associated with assessment of capacity and consent
- identify what aspects of capacity and consent attendees are able to assess, and in what circumstances
- identify ways to support assessment of capacity (e.g. in discussion with others)
- identify when to seek specialist assessment of capacity
- identify what should be recorded
- Three Act Training:
This course takes place on Tuesday 29th October and Wednesday 4th December, and is aimed at:
- council officers across the Forth Valley, and other key staff from each of the Councils
- key staff from Police Scotland and NHS Forth Valley
- managers or senior staff within the third and private sectors
The training is tailored towards the development needs of staff operating as council officers (and their managers) within Forth Valley, illustrating the links across the main protective legislation currently in place for adults.
All training courses will take place 9:15am – 4:30pm at the Camelon Community Education Centre, Abercrombie Street, Camelon, FK1 4HA.
To book your place at any of the courses, please complete the relevant booking form:
Confirmation of your place and all course correspondence will be sent by email.
All forms should be returned to Evelyn McGregor by email: email@example.com
Alternatively, booking forms can be sent by post: Evelyn McGregor, ASP Training Administrator, Falkirk Council, Camelon Social Work Office, 108b Glasgow Road, Camelon, Falkirk, FK1 4HS.