Falkirk Council has opened public voting for the first stage of its Community Choices initiative, the Small Grants Programme (with grants of up to £1,500 available). (VOTING LINKS BELOW.)
Community Choices is Falkirk Council’s participatory budgeting initiative (in partnership with Falkirk’s Health and Social Care Partnership), with over £3 million of funding available over two years for local people, groups and organisations to bring about the changes that can make a difference to their community. Community Choices aims to support proposals that can make local areas Fairer, Healthier, more Connected and more Inclusive.
Clubs, organisations, community groups and individuals from across the Falkirk Council area have submitted proposals for funding to make these changes happen. Members of the public can then vote for the projects they think will make the most difference.
There are two Community Choices funds: the Small Grants Programme, and a Place-based Capital funding programme for larger projects (grants over £5,000).
Public voting is now open for the Small Grants projects, and will close on Friday 18th June.
Public voting on Place-based Capital funding projects will open on Monday 21st June, and close on Friday 16th July.
How to Vote
- visit the Community Choices voting page
- find and select the Council ward you live in
- read about the proposals in your area
- vote for the projects you want to see funded (voting link at the bottom of the area page)
- please note you will need to provide your name, email address and postcode to vote
Falkirk Council is aware that not everyone has access to online services, and are working with their community partners to ensure that anyone without digital access is still able to cast their vote. If you know of anyone who would like to vote on Community Choices, but who isn’t online, please contact the Community Choices team by phone: 07483918555, or email: Community.email@example.com
Voting Links for Each Area and Ward
- Bo’ness and Blackness (Ward 1) projects
- Grangemouth (Ward 2) projects
- Denny and Banknock (Ward 3) projects
- Carse, Kinnaird and Tryst (Ward 4) projects
- Bonnybridge and Larbert (Ward 5) projects
- Falkirk North (Ward 6) projects
- Falkirk South (Ward 7) projects
- Lower Braes (Ward 8) projects
- Lower Braes (Ward 9) projects
For further information, please visit the Falkirk Council website.
Alternatively, for further information or support, contact the Community Choices team by phone: 07483918555, or email: Community.firstname.lastname@example.org