Are you passionate about delivering real change in local communities? Do you enjoy working with others?
If so, why not apply to join Falkirk Council’s Community Choices Advisory Panel?
Community Choices is Falkirk Council’s version of participatory budgeting, an initiative that gives local people a direct say in how a portion of the Council’s budget is spent.
Being a member of the Advisory Panel will offer the opportunity to be involved in an exciting and innovative project which will bring lasting benefits to local communities. The skills, knowledge and experience of Panel members will be invaluable, and it will be their role to consider all the proposals objectively and impartially. The role of Advisory Panel members will involve:
- evaluating initial expressions of interest
- considering the potential community benefits of each proposal
- working with other Panel members to assess proposals against the themes of Fairer, Healthier, More Connected and More Inclusive Communities
- identifying other sources of support that may help to improve initial proposals
- evaluating Community Choices so that it continues to improve
- working with Council officials to ensure the successful delivery of Community Choices
The deadline for applications to join the Advisory Panel is Friday 26th February.