Through the William Syson Foundation, small grants of up to £5,000 (along with larger grants of over £5,000) are available to third sector organisations operating within the Scottish arts sector.
Both grants are available to projects and activities that promote the advancement of the visual arts, performing arts, literature and heritage, with both revenue and capital funding.
The Foundation accepts applications from:
- charities registered in the UK
- Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations (SCIOs)
- public sector organisations
- other “not for profit” organisations, including:
- voluntary or unincorporated associations (applicants must have a written constitution and a bank account in the name of the entity)
- companies limited by guarantee (applicants must demonstrate clear public benefit objectives)
- Community Interest Companies (CICs)
- co-operatives (defined as an entity run by its members for the benefit of its members or the benefit of their community, with a bank account in its own name)
There is no application deadline; however, applicants should have a particular (but not exclusive) focus on Scottish organisations and individuals living in Scotland.
To apply, or for further information regarding eligibility and funding available, please visit the William Syson Foundation website.