Tesco Community Grants are now open for applications from across Scotland.
The grants are open to registered charities and community organisations (specifically those focusing on supporting children and families), and projects that address food insecurity.
Awards of £500, up to £1000 and up to £1500 are available; the amounts received will be decided by Tesco customers, who can vote for local projects instore every time they shop.
Customers and Tesco staff can also nominate any local project; the project will be contacted by the Community Enablers team, and if eligible, encouraged to apply.
Tesco Community Grants builds on the Bags of Help scheme, which has supported over 5000 projects in Scotland, with more than £12 million in grants awarded since 2016. The grants are administered by Groundwork, working in Scotland with the team at greenspace scotland.
There is currently no deadline for applications.
Examples of eligible projects include:
- a brownie or scout group needing new tents
- a youth sports club needing new equipment
- a local friends of a park group wanting to develop a new toddler area
- a local school needing food for a children’s breakfast club
- a voluntary organisation working with families to run holiday clubs
- a charity supporting young people with specialist advice to manage mental health
For further information, including how to apply, please visit the Tesco Community Grants page.
Alternatively, Falkirk organisations looking for further information can contact Sue Wyllie by phone: 07825 678249, or email: email@example.com