SGN is looking for young artists to take part in their carbon monoxide (CO) competition and raise awareness of the dangers of CO, the “silent killer”.
To take part, children must be 5 – 11 years old and submit a piece of art warning people of the dangers of CO. Artwork can be any form of media, including:
- paintings or posters
- short stories or poems
- leading assemblies at school, or their local Cubs or Brownie group
- making a factsheet to share with their family and friends
Each year, national and area winners will be chosen to win:
- national winners: £300 for themselves and £600 for their school or organisation*
- area winners: £150 each and £300 for their school or organisation
* (The national prize will be in addition to the area prize.)
Winners will be notified by email.
All artwork must be submitted to SGN by Wednesday 30th June to be included in this year’s competition. Any entries received after this date will be included in next year’s competition.
To enter, entries must be sent (along with the child’s name, age, teacher, school or organisation, and post code) to email@example.com
Entries must be in the format of a jpeg, photograph or coloured scan, or if it is a video format, as a link or attachment to an email. Please submit each entry individually – only one entry per child is allowed.
For further information, please visit the CO Safety Competition page.