Earl Gate Energy Centre Limited (EGECL) has launched their new Community Fund, in order to help as many third sector organisations in the local communities as possible.
EGECL is the new Energy from Waste plant being built in Grangemouth. The Community Fund aims to provide funding to help organisations build stronger communities, reduce social isolation amongst vulnerable people, and strengthen community partnerships and local facilities, and is open to organisations based in 5 specific Falkirk Council wards:
- Bo’ness and Blackness (Ward 1)
- Grangemouth (Ward 2)
- Carse, Kinnaird and Tryst (Ward 4)
- Falkirk North (Ward 6)
- Lower Braes (Ward 8)
They must also be one of the following:
- a registered charity
- a constituted organisation or group, such as community or voluntary groups
- a Community Interest Company (CIC)
- a social enterprise
Along with being one of the above organisations types, applicants must be able to provide evidence that:
- they have a Management Committee and/or Charity Trustees
- they have an Equality and Diversity policy, and/or an Equal Opportunities statement
- they have an organisational bank account with at least 2 unrelated signatories who do not live at the same address
- they can provide an overview of last 12 months’ donations and funding
- they have practices and procedures in place for any paid employers, employees, and volunteers, and appropriate business insurances
- they have a Safeguarding Policy and up to date Disclosure Scotland PVG (if working with young people and/or vulnerable adults)
- they comply with GDPR legislation and the Data Protection Act 2018
Organisations can apply for up to £1,500 per application, with consideration by exception for larger individual applications.
The deadline for applications to the first round of funding is 5pm on Saturday 31st July; organisations can re-apply if they are unsuccessful in a previous round.
The latest deadline for applications, to the third round, is 5pm on Monday 31st January 2022.
To apply, or for further information, please visit the new EGECL website.