Corra Foundation has launched the #ShiftThePower Scotland Comic Relief Fund, which offers grants up to £30,000 over 2 years for small grassroots charities and third sector groups and organisations.
The fund is open to registered charities or constituted groups with and income of £400,000 or less whose work fits one of two strategic themes:
- “Gender Justice” – contributing to gender equality by reducing violence and discrimination based on gender and sexuality alongside increased opportunity, empowerment, and understanding for women, girls, and LGBTQI+ communities.
- “A Safe Place to Be” – supporting people who have experienced homelessness or have been forced from their homes in order to live safely. This includes enabling people who have faced or are facing homelessness to resolve their situation and get support as well as supporting those who have been forced from their homes to build a new life, free from conflict, persecution, or trafficking. Groups to be supported are those affected by homelessness, including refugees and asylum seekers.
People with lived experience of the strategic themes are central to the programme; Corra is particularly interested in organisations where projects and services are initiated and led by people with lived experience, and strong applications are likely to reflect this way of working. While Corra realises that this is not always possible, as a minimum, all applications should be informed by and involve people who are experiencing the issues.
Applicants must be either:
- a charity registered in Scotland
- a constituted voluntary or community organisation with governing documents which clearly state that:
- the organisation is not for profit, or has a clear clause ensuring that all income is applied to the organisation’s purposes and not distributed to members, shareholders or owners
- there is a dissolution clause or lock in place requiring assets are distributed to an organisation with similar charitable aims in the instance of closure
Applications will not be accepted from:
- organisations with an income of more than £400,000 in the last year
- organisations that are not established as not for profit
- organisations based outside Scotland
- one organisation applying on behalf of another
Full eligibility criteria and applications guidelines are available to view or download as a pdf from the Corra Foundation website.
The deadline for applications is 12pm on Friday 20th August.
For further information, including how to apply, application guidance and how to access further support, please visit the dedicated #ShiftThePower page.