Project Scotland will hold online training sessions next week on the new Youth Volunteering Guidelines, on Monday 22nd March, 10 am – 11:45 am, and Tuesday 23rd March, 10am – 12pm.
The Guidelines aim to encourage organisations to explore how they currently recruit, retain and develop youth volunteers, or how they might do so in future.
The training materials aim to give a practical approach to the guidelines, encouraging organisations to reflect on current opportunities and practices and develop them in line with the guidelines. Some of the training sessions also aim to equip attendees with the knowledge and resources to cascade the training to their local members and organisations.
There are 3 types of sessions; attendance is only required at one:
- Gold Session, on Monday 22nd March, 10am – 11:45 am: For areas where confidence or capacity is low, this session is aimed at those who want to learn more about what groups or organisations can do to encourage youth volunteering, or who don’t currently offer much in the way of youth volunteering but have an interest in doing more. This session is suitable for volunteers, trustees and staff members and there is no expectation for attendees to deliver any training after this session.
- Needed for this session: Basic knowledge of some the concepts involved in including young volunteers in organisations and some or no training or facilitation experience.
- Silver Session, on Tuesday 23rd March, 10am – 12pm: For areas where confidence or capacity is mixed, this training will be delivered directly to a small group of trainers from local partners equipping them with the training and facilitation knowledge and insight to cascade the training to their local members and organisations.
- Needed for this area: A working knowledge of some the concepts involved in including young volunteers in organisations and some online training or facilitation experience.
- Bronze Session, on Wednesday 24th March 10am – 11:15am (FULLY BOOKED): For areas where the confidence or capacity is high, the trainer will host a small group support session for trainers or volunteer managers from regional or national groups or organisations to assist with any knowledge and insight required to cascade the training to members/organisations.
- Needed for this area: A working knowledge of including young volunteers in organisations and online training or facilitation experience.
- Please note that the current Bronze Session is FULLY BOOKED; to to be added to the waiting list, please complete the Youth Volunteering Guidelines Training online form.
To book your place at next week’s Gold or Silver Sessions, please contact Linda Sterry by email: Linda.Sterry@projectscotland.co.uk
Alternatively, to note your interest in attending any of these sessions in future, and to be added to the waiting list for the full Bronze Session next week, please complete the Youth Volunteering Guidelines Training online form.