Our CVS Falkirk team is now back at work after the festive break, and in light of Scottish Government’s announcement yesterday, we wanted to highlight the structures in place to support people across Falkirk throughout this new lockdown.
Lockdown will be in place across mainland Scotland until Monday 1st February, and may be extended further. People should not leave their homes except for essential reasons (which include providing care, outdoor exercise and to go to work, but only if that work cannot be done from home). All schools will be closed and continue to use remote learning until the end of January, except in the case of vulnerable children and those of key workers.
We know our third sector, social enterprises, community and volunteer groups are working just as hard as always to help people, and we would like to invite anyone looking for support to attend tomorrow’s COVID-19 Third Sector Response Forum, held 3pm – 5pm via Zoom.
In Falkirk, support is available from:
- the Support for People helpline (Falkirk Council), open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm by phone: 0808 100 3161
- local Falkirk and District Citizens Advice Bureau branches
- local mental health services
- food providers across the area
- the Wellness in Winter pages, which include information on maximising income, health resources, and how to stay safe
- the Falkirk and Clackmannanshire Carers Centre (who also have teams dedicated to young carers and young adult carers)
- by phone: 01324 611510
- by email: email@example.com
- Cash First, which works to support member food aid providers in help people access financial advice and support as an alternative to emergency food aid
- Social Security Scotland on a range of available benefits
- the Self-Isolation Support Team
Our team is always here and ready to help in any way we can, whether that’s helping your group find funding, volunteers, or connecting with other local groups and networks. You can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach staff members individually by our mobile numbers available on the CVS Falkirk website.