ASH Scotland is holding free online IMPACT training sessions on the adverse effects of smoking on mental health and mental health medication for third sector support workers (including volunteers, peer mentors and carers), and NHS and local authority workers in adult services, who provide support to people with mental health problems.
The training consists of a short e-learning module, followed by a Zoom session.
There are one hour and 2 hour sessions available:
- One hour sessions:
- Wednesday 13th April
- Wednesday 11th May
- Wednesday 15th June
- Two hour sessions:
- Wednesday 30th March
- Wednesday 27th April
- Wednesday 18th May
- Wednesday 29th June
The one hour session covers:
- effect of smoking on mental health medication
- facilitating discussions about smoking and mental health
- local services to help people stop smoking
In addition to the areas above, the 2 hour session also covers:
- the IMPACT guidance document
- Ask, Inform, Discuss (AID) brief advice framework
- how AID supports workplace priorities
To book your place at any session, or for further information, please visit the Eventbrite page.