- This event has passed.
Sexual Health and Relationships Education for Young People with a Learning Disability
May 9, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
A staff development one-day training course, aimed at teaching staff and anyone who works with young people with a learning disability around Sexual Health, Relationships and Parenthood Education, will take place on Tuesday 9th May, 9am – 3pm, Forth Valley Sensory Centre and is free to anyone in the Forth Valley area.
On the course participants will:
- Increase their knowledge, skills and confidence in the delivery of Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood Education
- Develop an understanding of the values and evidence base for Sexual Health, Relationships and Parenthood Education
- Familiarise themselves with the ASN Framework for schools
- Explore a range of methods for delivering Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood to different groups of young people with learning disabilities in line with the Health and Wellbeing outcomes from Curriculum for Excellence
- Share good practice
- Identify a range of resources available to borrow, buy or access free of charge
For further information on the training and to book your place, please email: joanne.barrie@