- This event has passed.
SCCR Online Conference: “An Emotive Ensemble – Closing Concert”
October 28, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Throughout October, Cyrenians’ Scottish Centre for Conflict Resolution (SCCR) is holding multiple free events as part of their month-long digital Online Conference.
“The Power of Reconnection” programme features webinars, workshops and Q&As hosted by highly regarded speakers in their field, who will talk about their knowledge and experiences.
Upcoming events include:
- “A Different Normal – Reconnection”, on Tuesday 19th October, 10am
This interactive workshop (led by Duncan Gordon, Trainer, and Andrew Boyd, Mediation and Conflict Resolution Advisor, from SCCR) will explore how it feels to reconnect when returning to a different “normal”, and asks how people will manage this reconnection and the opportunities and challenges that come with it?
The workshop will include activities, a chance for discussion, and finishes with a Q&A from the facilitators.
- “How will young people’s experience of the pandemic affect their future life chances? Lessons from the COVID-19 Impact Inquiry”, on Thursday 21st October, 1:30pm
This event is with Jo Bibby, Director of Health at the Health Foundation and will include a Q&A with attendees following her address.
- “Bringing Light to Find Each Other in the Darkness”, on Thursday 28th October, 10am
This interactive workshop is run jointly by Cyrenians Mediation and Support Service and Focus Ireland, facilitating a discussion with experienced mediators and asking a number of questions, including:
- how we can shed light on seemingly dark situations?
- what do we mean when we say we should use listening, understanding and hope when attempting to help families to reconnect with each other in what can feel like very complex sometimes hopeless situations?
- “An Emotive Ensemble – Closing Concert”, on Thursday 28th October, 7pm
First heard at SCRR’s “Symphony of Stories” event in June, this pre-recorded closing concert will feature Scottish musicians and aims to take attendees through an emotional journey of reflection. Attendees are encouraged to enjoy this event in a space that feels relaxing to them, whether indoors or outdoors.
To book your place at any event, or for further information, please visit the dedicated Digital Conference page.
Alternatively, to book your place at a specific workshop, click on the relevant title above.