- This event has passed.
Managing Volunteers Training – Session 4
October 21, 2015 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
The Managing Volunteers Training is aimed at those who are employed by third sector organisations where volunteers are involved or where the organisation is considering involving volunteers.
Each one day course will be held from 9.30am – 3.30pm and it is advisable to attend all four sessions. Please note: no lunch is provided
These four courses will support your organisation to work towards preparing to achieve the Volunteer Friendly Award. The award is about recognising that groups are good at working with volunteers, supporting organisations to expand on what they do well, developing best practice and recognising the contribution that volunteers make.
Developing information and training for your volunteers
On this course you will identity the information required by volunteers and examine a range of methods used in training volunteers.
This will include:
- Examining the use of a volunteer handbook
- Planning how you will prepare volunteers for their roles.
- Practising using a range of training techniques.
- Interpreting the ongoing development of volunteers.
- Identify ways of demonstrating the outcomes of volunteering