- This event has passed.
Grangemouth Flood Prevention Scheme Overview Session
June 15 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Dates have been announced for online community engagement sessions regarding the Grangemouth Flood Prevention Scheme (GFPS), with the first sessions taking place on Tuesday 15th June. (BOOKING LINK BELOW.)
The GFPS will be Scotland’s largest flood protection scheme, and is seen as the highest priority flood protection scheme in Scotland. Backed by the Scottish Government and the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA), Falkirk Council is leading the development.
The GFPS aims to protect 5800 people, 2650 homes, 330 businesses and road and rail infrastructure. It will also provide almost 27km (17 miles) of flood defence walls, embankments, the installation of flood gates, flow regulation measures and drainage work. The scheme will also include works at the entrance to the Port of Grangemouth.
There will be 2 online overview sessions of the entire flood protections scheme, taking place on Tuesday 15th June at 1pm, and on Tuesday 22nd June at 5:30pm.
There will also be 5 separate community online sessions for people in the Grangemouth, Carron, Carronshore, Wholeflats and Langlees areas:
- Tuesday 15th June at 5:30pm, covering the River Carron, Carron Works to Carronshore area
- Wednesday 16th June at 5:30pm, covering Grange Burn, Zetland Park, Abbots Road to Bo’ness Road, and Park Road areas
- Thursday 17th June at 5:30pm, covering Grange Burn, Grangeburn Road and South Shore Road areas
- Wednesday 23rd June at 5:30pm, covering the Flood Relief Channel, Rannoch Road
- Thursday 24th June at 5:30pm, covering the Millhall Burn and Flood Relief Channel, Smiddy Brae, and Reddoch Road areas
These sessions will give local people in these areas the opportunity to feedback on the proposed plans and the design of the flood defences across different areas of the scheme.
Additionally, further sessions are planned for the remaining affected communities later in the year.
How to Book Your Place
To register for any session, or for further information, please visit the GFPS website.
Alternatively, for further information, view or download the GFPS information brochure as a pdf.