- This event has passed.
Free Alcohol and Pregnancy Seminar
November 1, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pmFree
The University of Stirling and Scottish Health Action on Alcohol Problems (SHAAP) are hosting a free Alcohol and Pregnancy seminar on Tuesday 1st November, 9:30am – 1pm at the University. Lunch will be provided from 1pm.
Alcohol consumption in pregnancy is the leading preventable cause of childhood developmental delay. This seminar will focus on identifying and preventing such harm. Bringing together research teams from across the UK, and with a keynote address from WHO-Europe, attendees with discuss the latest evidence on how to appropriately identify and prevent alcohol consumption in pregnancy, and future innovation in this field.
Speakers will include:
- Lisa Scholin (World Health Organisation)
- Dr Elizabeth Henderson and Dr Helen Mactier (Princess Royal Maternity Hospital, Glasgow)
- Dr Niamh Fitzgerald (University of Stirling)
- Prof Dave Tappin (University of Glasgow)
- Cheryl McQuire (Cardiff University)
- Helen Howlett (Northumbria University)
- Dr Andrew Symon (University of Dundee)
To book your place, please visit the SHAAP Eventbrite page.
Alternatively, for further information, contact Jennifer Fingland Monday to Thursday by phone: 0131 2473667, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org