- This event has passed.
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Training
August 8, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
NHS Forth Valley and the Forth Valley Drug and Alcohol Partnership (ADP) have announced that Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) training will take place on Wednesday 8th August, 1pm – 4pm in Stirling, and Wednesday 23rd August, 9:30am – 12:30pm in Falkirk.
This training course is designed for:
- staff in early years
- education establishments
- youth work
- social work
- families and foster carers
- the youth justice system
- health visiting and family support
The training aims to provide clear guidance about alcohol use during pregnancy and prevent alcohol related damage to the unborn child, along with opportunities to share resources and ideas for a co-ordinated local response to International Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Awareness Day on Saturday 9th September.
- understand the nature and extent of FASD in Scotland and Forth Valley
- understand the clinical and behavioural problems seen in FASD
- increase knowledge of how to prevent FASD
- identify resources to help participants plan and deliver FASD awareness sessions within their own networks and client base