- This event has passed.
ALLIANCE “Future Delivery of Social Care” Consultation Event
February 11, 2020 @ 2:45 pm - 5:00 pmFree
The Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (ALLIANCE) has announced that they will be running a consultation event on Tuesday 11th February from 2:45pm at their office in the Venlaw Building, 349 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4AA.
The event is in response to Scottish Parliament’s Health and Sport Committee’s inquiry on the future delivery of social care in Scotland, and what is required to meet future needs. The consultation is open to people with lived experience of receiving adult social care or being a carer for someone receiving care.
The inquiry is split into 2 parts, with the Committee looking to hear about:
- Experiences of social care in Scotland (especially views from people with lived experience of receiving adult social care, or being a carer for someone receiving care):
- people’s stories and experience of social care in Scotland
- what people would change about their experience of social care?
- The future delivery of social care in Scotland:
- how should the public be involved in planning their own and their community’s social care services?
- how should Integration Joint Boards (IJBs) commission and procure social care to ensure it is person-centred?
- looking ahead, what are the essential elements in an ideal model of social care (e.g. workforce, technology, housing, etc.)?
- what needs to happen to ensure the equitable provision of social care across the country?
Views shared at the event will help inform the ALLIANCE’s response to the Health and Sport Committee’s inquiry.
The ALLIANCE will submit a summary of respondents’ views and contributions to the Committee by Thursday 20th February (the inquiry’s closing date). This response will also be shared with attendees and published on the ALLIANCE website.
During the event, there will be coffee and tea available from 2:45pm, with the event officially beginning at 3pm. The venue is wheelchair accessible, and break out spaces are available. The ALLIANCE asks that attendees let them know if you have any questions, or accessibility or other requirements to be able to attend.
For further information, including how to book your place, please visit the ALLIANCE website.