Adult Disability Payment Transfer Process Online Event
June 28 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
Social Security Scotland is holding a series of free online events for stakeholders ahead of the process to transfer the awards of adults (living in Scotland) who currently receive the Disability Living Allowance from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
The gradual case transfer process will begin this summer, replacing the Allowance with the new Adult Disability Payment, which will be administered by Social Security Scotland.
Events take place on:
- Tuesday 28th June, 10:30am – 12pm
- Wednesday 6th July, 10:30am – 12pm
- Thursday 14th July, 10:30am – 12pm
A stakeholder is anyone with an interest or concern in something. The events are aimed at those who provide support people living with a disability, long-term health condition or terminal illness, who currently receive the Disability Living Allowance.
The events will provide attendees with information about the case transfer process, including:
- an introduction to case transfers
- the timeline for transfers
- the end-to-end journey for people
- how Social Security Scotland will communicate with people throughout this process
During these events, attendees will also have the opportunity to ask questions of the case transfer policy leads.
Please Note: these events specifically relate to the transfer process from Disability Living Allowance to Adult Disability Payment for people who were born after 8th April 1948, and who:
- report a change of circumstance to their disability or health condition
- are in receipt of an award of Disability Living Allowance that is due to end or be renewed after the launch of Adult Disability Payment
- ask to have their award moved to Adult Disability Payment
To book your place at any event, or for further information, please visit the Social Security Scotland website.