Food Train’s national Eat Well Age Well project is providing free malnutrition screening packs for older adults.
The packs include easy-to-use screening tools, and can help carers and care organisations to tackle malnutrition in older people living at home in Scotland. They are designed to ensure individuals and organisation can feel confident when addressing malnutrition with the older adults they care for and support.
Food Train hopes the packs can contribute to measuring the true extent of the problem of malnutrition in Scotland, and make a real difference for older adults living at home.
The free malnutrition screening pack includes:
- Guidance Booklet
- Staying Well & Nourished in Later Life booklet
- “Staying Nourished” poster
- “Staying Hydrated” poster
- “How to Spot” poster
- a supply of Paperweight Armbands
- Raising the Issue of Malnutrition Key Question cards
- Patients Association Nutrition Checklist
- Age Scotland booklet: “Eat Well, A Guide for Older People in Scotland”
- Contact Sheet for National Services Supporting Older People
To download a digital copy of the pack, order a physical copy, or for further information, please visit the Eat Well Age Well website.