Groups and organisations running community regeneration projects can now apply for the 2020 SURF Awards.
The awards, organised by Scotland’s Regeneration Forum (SURF), aims to provides an opportunity for regeneration projects of all sizes to demonstrate value to funders and partners, support team-building, and develop a national profile.
The purpose of the SURF Awards is:
- to recognise and reward best practice and innovationin community regeneration
- to promote and disseminate best practice across Scotland as means of sharing knowledge and experience, and thereby enhancing future policy and practice
- to highlight the role that regeneration projects have in improving the wellbeingof individuals and communities
The 2020 awards will have a focus on rewarding and showcasing projects who have adapted, or created, services to support their communities through the COIVD-19 crisis. Projects can be judged on up to 2 years of previous activity, and will not be negatively scored for failing to deliver planned activities for 2020 which were impacted by COVID-19.
There are 5 thematic categories:
- Supporting Youth Employability
- Creative Regeneration
- Community Led Regeneration
- Scotland’s Most Improved Place
- Housing and Regeneration
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 7th September.
To apply, or for further information, please visit the SURF website.