VHS Annual Conference 2021: Health at the Heart of Communities
October 6£16.76 – £38.32
Voluntary Health Scotland’s (VHS) Annual Conference will take place via Zoom on Wednesday 6th October this year.
“Health at the Heart of Communities” is aimed at a range of staff, volunteers and board members with a direct interest in health policy and practice, including health charities, community health organisations, other voluntary organisations, third sector interfaces (TSIs), social enterprises, NHS staff and boards, health and social care partnerships, universities, Royal Colleges, government officials, and public sector scrutiny bodies.
The event will explore themes such as:
- engaging with people’s stories and lived experiences
- reaching and serving those who are marginalised or overlooked in health
- evidencing and understanding the third sector’s impact on health inequalities
- reshaping primary care and the sector’s role
- partnership working for recovery and renewal beyond the pandemic
Confirmed speakers are:
- Humza Yousaf MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Health and Social Care
- Dave Caesar, Interim Deputy Chief Medical Officer for Scotland
- Claire Stevens, CEO of VHS
- Justina Murray, CEO of Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol and Drugs (SFAD)
- Paul Okroj, Director of People Driven Development at Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland (CHSS)
- Frances Simpson, Chief Executive at Support in Mind Scotland
- Laura Van Der Hoeven, Head of External Engagement at Families Outside
Tickets are £16.76 for VHS members, £27.54 for non-member third sector groups, and £38.32 for NHS and public sector attendees.
VHS also has a range of opportunities to sponsor or exhibit this year’s online event; to get involved, please contact Lauren Blair at the address below.
To book your place, or for further information, please visit the Eventbrite page.
Alternatively, for further information, or to sponsor or exhibit at the event, contact Lauren Blair by email: Lauren.Blair@vhscotland.org.uk