- This event has passed.
Talk Money Week: Fairer Falkirk
November 9, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
CVS Falkirk is hosting a series of online workshops via Zoom during Talk Money Week (taking place Monday 7th November – Friday 11th November), with the aim of providing information to third sector staff and active volunteers relating to the Cost of Living Crisis.
Confirmed guest speakers include:
- Monday 7th November, 10am – 11am: Utility Aid
“As the UK’s leading energy broker within the third and fourth sectors, … we [help] the charity and not-for-profit sector to keep their energy costs down, reclaiming overcharges, managing administration and advising on all energy-related matters.”
- Wednesday 9th November, 1pm – 2pm: Falkirk Council’s Fairer Falkirk team
During this workshop, Falkirk Council’s Fairer Falkirk team will also be speaking about local options to support people across Falkirk District, including free period products, debt advice and welfare, Falkirk Council’s benefits entitlement calculator, and their “Worrying About Money?” leaflet.
- Friday 11th November, 10am – 11am: Scottish Gambling Education Hub
“With the cost of living crisis impacting on families and communities, charities are reporting an increase in people gambling to try to make ends meet or pay bills. This workshop will explore how gambling and poverty are connected, and how inequality is linked to the experience of harm.
We will also discuss how to tackle gambling harm in your work, and how to make the connection between gambling and other circumstances the people you support might be experiencing (such as financial difficulty, unemployment, homelessness, etc.).
We will also share some free resources with links to specialist support concerning gambling harm.”
Local partners and other organisations are also running workshops around this time, including:
- Weekly: “Always On – Cost of Living” with HSBC’s Financial Wellbeing team
- 3 daily webinars from the Financial Wellbeing team, lasting 30 minutes – one hour via Zoom, and focusing on tools and knowledge for financial stability; the webinars are open to everyone, regardless of who you bank with
- to book your place, visit the HSBC website
- Wednesday 23rd November, 10am – 11:30am: Fuel Poverty Training with Falkirk Council and Home Energy Scotland
- to book your place, contact Carole Glass by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To book your place at any of the workshops, please contact our team by email: email@example.com