- This event has passed.
Sustrans Webinar: Cars, Community and Active Travel
March 29, 2023 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
The Sustrans communities team has developed a series of free interactive webinars exploring how active travel can help address some of the pressing issues faced by communities.
The webinars are primarily aimed at staff and volunteers of community groups and organisations, but anyone with an interest in community health, wellbeing, climate action, environment, or generally making their neighbourhoods more walkable and cycle friendly is welcome to attend. All webinars include information on how community organisations can set up a project to encourage their communities to walk, wheel or cycle more and what support is available from Sustrans.
- Wednesday 25th January, 10:30am – 12pm: Cost of Living, Community and Active Travel (with guest speaker Hannah Box from CoMoUK)
- What does the cost of living crisis mean for the communities we live in and how can travelling actively help?
- BOOKING LINK
- Wednesday 22nd February, 10:30am – 12:30pm: Climate, Community and Active Travel
- What is the climate impact of transport in Scotland? This session will explore how community groups can reduce car use in their local area.
- BOOKING LINK
- Wednesday 29th March, 10:30am – 12:30pm: Cars, Community and Active Travel
- Discussing some of the little considered impacts of a car dependent society, and how this can affect our communities.
- BOOKING LINK: will be available soon via the Sustrans Eventbrite page
Sustrans plans to repeat these sessions throughout the year, and other opportunities to attend will be available. The communities team can also run bespoke versions of these webinars free of charge, either in-person (depending on location) or as online events. The content can be adapted to suit the needs of the audience.
To book your place at any event, please click on the relevant booking link above.
For further information, including how to organise a bespoke webinar for your team, contact the communities team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org