- This event has passed.
Public Protection Training
November 20, 2019 @ 9:15 am - 12:30 pmFree
Falkirk Council’s Adult Support and Protection team have released the September – December dates for their half-day Public Protection Training:
- Tuesday 24th September
- Thursday 24th October
- Wednesday 20th November
- Thursday 12th December
All training will take place 9:15am – 12:30pm at Rossvail, 108a Glasgow Road, Camelon, FK1 4HS.
The training is aimed at all staff who previously would have attended either Level 2a Adult Protection Training, or the basic Child Protection training course, including:
- residential and day care staff
- social care assistants
- support workers (employed in local authority or NHS Forth Valley)
- hospital based staff (nurses, doctors, pharmacy, etc)
- supervisory and frontline staff in the independent sector
- frontline housing office staff
- frontline homecare staff
- neighbourhood officers
- nursery staff (both independent and public sector)
- education staff
The course aims to assist multiagency staff within residential and day services staff to develop and maintain awareness of Protection issues (specifically to recognise, report and record actual or suspected issues of harm within formal and informal care settings), and to raise awareness of the need to protect people across the lifespan (children, young people, and vulnerable adults) within the General Workforce (including volunteers, unpaid carers, foster carers).
On completion of this course, participants should be clear about the responsibilities they have to contribute to the safety and wellbeing of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and how to raise any concerns they may have if they feel that a child, young person or vulnerable adult may be at risk of abuse harm or neglect.
Additionally, after attending this course, participants should be aware of:
- the needs of children as outlined in Getting It Right For Every Child (GIRFEC)
- the needs of adults at risk of harm
- legislation: what it is intended to achieve and the powers available
- key terms in relation to Child and Adult Protection
- some of the indicators of abuse and harm
- how to respond to a concern
This course must be booked in advance, and all correspondence (including booking confirmation) will be sent via email.
To book your place, please complete the booking form and return Evelyn McGregor by post: Falkirk Council Social Work Services, 108b Glasgow Road, Camelon, FK1 4HS, or email: email@example.com