“Older and Wiser: Working with people who use substances as they age” Course
December 10 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Forth Valley Alcohol and Drug Partnership (ADP) are holding a training course, “Older and Wiser: Working with people who use substances as they age,” on Monday 10th December, 9:30am – 4:30pm at Signpost Recovery, Cooperage Way, Alloa, FK10 3LP.
The course is aimed primarily at frontline staff and managers of frontline services, however they are also relevant to services which support people who use substances, such as housing and homelessness services.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- identify the physical, mental and social issues experienced by older people with drug problems
- describe the current trends and common patterns of use among older people with drug problems including poly substance use
- recall the impact of problem substance use and the process of ageing and the implications for individuals and services
- identify barriers to access and appropriate treatment pathways for older people with drug problems
- challenging and stigmatising attitudes and practices which affect older people with drug problems
- identify effective techniques to engage older people with drug problems in services
- create an effective support and risk management plan
To book your place, or for further information, please contact Scottish Drugs Forum (SDF) Administration Team by phone: 0141 221 1175 or email: email@example.com