- This event has passed.
Enterprising Leadership for the Third Sector Training Programme: March Session
March 9 - March 10£300
Social Enterprise Academy’s “Enterprising Leadership for the Third Sector” training programme begins on Monday 9th March.
Each session will take place at Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Authority, Carrochan Road, Balloch, G83 8EG, 10am to 4:30pm.
There are 3 modules delivered over 6 days, with the programme split into 3 two-day sessions spread over March to May (2 per month):
- Module 1 – Monday 9th March and Tuesday 10th March
- Module 2 – Monday 13th April and Tuesday 14th April
- Moudle 3 – Monday 11th May and Tuesday 12th May
“Enterprising Leadership for the Third Sector” aims to give participants the opportunity to explore their experience and understanding of great leadership, relate their knowledge to known theories and research, and practice some new approaches within a learning group of supportive peers.
Participants should develop new tools and new ways of thinking, and will have the opportunity to obtain an Institute of Leadership Management (ILM) accredited award in Leadership at SCQF Level 9. They will also learn more about using coaching approaches to their best effect within their organisation, and have time to reflect on how their leadership style makes a difference.
The programme will explore a number of questions, including:
- What is good leadership, and what is the relationship between leadership and management?
- What does it take to create a motivating work environment?
- How will a better understanding of team dynamics help me to support others in their roles?
- How good am I at having those “courageous conversations”?
- How might a “growth mindset” help me and my organisation get to where we want to be?
- What are the next steps on my leadership journey?
The programme is designed for current and aspiring leaders in the third sector and in community-based organisations. If you are employed by a third sector organisation, there is a programme fee of £300 (a subsidised rate). If you are working on a voluntary basis, for example for a community group or development trust, the programme is fully funded and there is no fee.
With the addition of some post-programme reflection and an assessment, you can go on to obtain an ILM (Institute of Leadership Management) Award in Leadership at SCQF Level 9. Further details about the award requirements and the costs are available on request.
Places are subsidised at £300 for those employed with a third sector group or organisation; however, there is no fee for participants who are volunteers.
To book your place, or for further information, please visit the Social Enterprise Academy website.