- This event has passed.
Challenge Poverty Week 2019
October 7, 2019 - October 13, 2019
Challenge Poverty Week 2019 takes place Monday 7th October – Sunday 13th October, highlighting the issue of poverty in Scotland and showcase solutions, aiming to provide a practical opportunity to build on the movement against poverty and demonstrate values of justice and compassion.
This year’s key messages are:
- poverty exists in Scotland and affects us all
- poverty can be solved by boosting incomes and reducing costs
- solving poverty is about ensuring we can all participate in society
Almost 200 Challenge Poverty Week 2018 events were organised by organisations, individuals and elected representatives. Support is available from the Poverty Alliance (who co-ordinate the campaign), including:
- an online activity toolkit (including social media graphics, media templates and petition letters)
- examples of previous activities
- promoting your activity through local media, social media (using the hashtag #AyeWeCan) and their event calendar
- providing free training on media and how to build support for solutions to poverty
- giving tailored advice
For further information, or to request advice specific to you and your event, please contact Irene Tortajada by email: email@example.com
Alternatively, for further information, visit the Challenge Poverty Week website.