- This event has passed.
“Celebrating Living Wage Week” Event in Edinburgh
November 8, 2023 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pmFree
There are still places available at Living Wage Scotland and the Poverty Alliance’s Living Wage Week lunchtime event, taking place next Wednesday 8th November, 12pm – 2pm, at the Grassmarket Community Project & Coffee Saints Café, 86 Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh, EH1 2QA.
Registration and refreshments are available from 11:30am, with lunch provided from 1pm.
Held during Living Wage Week 2023 (Monday 6th November – Sunday 12th November), “Celebrating Living Wage Week” aims to acknowledge the challenges of implementing the real Living Wage and wide fair work practice for employers in the context of the current cost of living crisis. It also aims to be an opportunity to discuss solutions and celebrate the growth of the Living Wage movement.
Speakers will share their experience of Living Wage employer accreditation, discuss challenges, and highlight the priority actions needed to ensure more employers can make a Living Wage Commitment.
Attendees will hear from:
- Living Wage Scotland, on the new real Living Wage rate of £12 per hour, and the trends of growth in the Living Wage employer movement
- abrdn (previously Standard Life), on the role of large corporates in supporting the Living Wage movement
- Edinburgh City Council, on the progress towards Making Edinburgh a Living Wage City
- EVOC (part of Edinburgh’s Third Sector Interface (TSI)): on the experience of smaller organisations implementing the real Living Wage
- GCVS (part of Glasgow’s TSI): on key findings from recent research focused on ways to embed fair work in Scotland’s Third Sector
- Enable Scotland, on their journey to embed the real Living Wage as a large Social Care provider, and the actions needed to further drive fair work in the sector
To book your free place, or for further information, please visit the Eventbrite page.