- This event has passed.
ASP Level 2 Bespoke Online Training
December 11, 2020 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Falkirk Council’s Adult Support and Protection team is running “ASP Level 2 – Bespoke Care Home/NMC Registered Staff” online training across various dates, with the next October dates being Thursday 15th October and Wednesday 28th October, both 1:30pm – 3:30pm.
Training also takes place in November and December on:
- Friday 6th November, 9:30am – 11:30am
- Tuesday 10th November, 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Thursday 19th November, 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Thursday 26th November, 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Wednesday 2nd December, 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Friday 11th December, 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Wednesday 16th December, 9:30am – 11:30am
All training will take place using MS Teams; participants must be able to access Teams via a laptop or computer with a webcam, sound facilities, and can be connected to the internet.
This course is an update for previous ASP levels 2A/2B training, therefore all staff who previously completed those will be required to undertake this course, which is aimed at:
- newly qualified social workers and occupational therapists
- health visitors
- learning disability nurses
- advocacy workers
- social work assistants
- specialist nurses with Domiciliary Visiting Role
- home care managers
- criminal justice senior staff with supervisory role
- community psychiatric nurses
- day hospital and community-based health staff
- police officers
The course aims to assist multiagency staff working within residential and care settings to develop awareness of Adult Support and Protection (ASP) issues (specifically to recognise, report and record actual or suspected issues of harm), and to raise awareness of council and Forth Valley operational policies, procedures and guidance in relation to the protection of adult at risk, and Early Indicators of Harm.
This course must be booked in advance and confirmation that a place has been booked will be sent via email; participants must enter a valid email when booking.