- This event has passed.
Practitioner Forum Event on Culture and Child Protection
November 16, 2016 @ 9:10 am - 12:30 pm
Practitioner Forum events around Culture and Child Protection will take place on Wednesday 16thNovember and Friday 2nd December, 9:30am – 12:30pm at the Camelon Education Centre, Abercrombie Street, Camelon, FK1 4HA. Registration will begin at 9:10am.
These events are for experienced practitioners and managers from children’s services, who can attend to represent their organisation and share information within the session.
These events provide an opportunity for participants to:
- reflect on findings from published case studies which often allude to professionals’ lack of knowledge and confidence to work with multicultural families
- ensure a focus on children’s rights and needs when considering interventions, regardless of the cultural context
- learn about resources and support services available, and highlight any gaps in learning, development and service provision
- share local good and promising practice
Participants will also have the opportunity to engage in interagency discussions regarding two of the following areas:
- Unaccompanied Asylum Seekers
- Syrian Resettlement Programme
- Safe and Together approach – culture change in addressing domestic abuse
- Harmful traditional practices including Female Genital Mutilation
- Forced Marriage and Honour Based Violence
- Human Trafficking
Please be advised spaces are limited and allocated across services.
To book your place, or for further information, please contact the Falkirk Child Protection Committee by email: email@example.com