The latest round of the Scottish Government’s CashBack for Communities Youth Work Fund is now open for applications.
The aim of the fund, which has £600,000 available in this round, is to build the capacity of young people and the youth work organisations who work to support them.
Organisations can apply for grants to cover the operating costs (salaries, venue hire, travel costs; etc) relating to the delivery of youth work activity programmes.
- target young people aged 10 to 19 years
- offer free youth work activities
- focus on areas of demonstrated need
- fill gaps in provision or add value/build on existing provision
- support young people who are currently involved or at risk of becoming involved in violence, alcohol, drugs and/or anti-social behaviour; etc.
Each local area has its own allocation of funds and its own Local Assessment Panel. These panels can only consider applications that focus on their area. Organisations that plan to offer opportunities in more than one area will need to complete a separate application form for each area targeted.
The deadline for applications is 1pm on Wednesday 9th December 2015.