Youth Scotland has announced the Youth Scotland Action Fund, a micro grant fund which supports community-based youth work affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Action Fund has been established in response to the impact of COVID-19 and to enable youth groups to continue their support of young people during the period of social distancing.
The fund is supported by key funders, namely STV Children’s Appeal and The Robertson Trust. Youth Scotland is reallocating existing funds to meet the emerging needs of youth groups. The maximum amount available per application is £500, and the fund can be used for a range of equipment, opportunities and programmes to engage young people during the epidemic.
The fund is prioritised for Youth Scotland member groups who meet the funding criteria, but non-member groups from non-uniformed organisations who meet the criteria are welcome to apply (providing they have appropriate quality operating, governance and safeguarding arrangements in place).
Youth Scotland welcomes applications from volunteer-run constituted youth groups who:
- are based and work in local communities within Scotland
- offer universal access for all young people aged between 8 – 25 years old
- will continue to provide support for young people (within government and NHS guidelines) throughout this period of social distancing
- plan to spend the grant within 6 weeks of receiving it
- are applying for up to £500; no match funding is required
- have an annual turnover less than £200,000
- can provide a bank statement in the name of their youth group into which the funds can be paid
There are no deadlines and applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Youth Scotland aims to award funding as soon as possible.
For further information, including guidance notes and how to apply, please visit the Youth Scotland website.