The Parent Network Scotland (PNS) has created a Wellbeing Toolkit online course.
The aim of the course is to help parents, carers and families of children of any age, culture, background, or beliefs about parenting, to learn about and try new tools to promote health and wellbeing.
The course is free and will be delivered over 8 one hour sessions in an online classroom.
Aims and topics are set for each session so participants can learn in manageable chunks without feeling overwhelmed. The intended course outcomes include:
- acknowledging the impact of emotional flooding on parents and children
- acknowledging the need for calm for parents and children
- understanding the importance of self-care
- understanding the importance of a balanced state
- encouraging the use of practices to create a balanced state and manage emotions
- encouraging parents to share wellbeing tools with their children
- encouraging closer relationships in families
- encouraging nurturing and healthy relationships
- encouraging respecting feelings and needs
- promoting health and wellbeing with a holistic approach
To register your interest in participating, or for further information, please visit the Parent Network Scotland website.