Waverley Care, one of Scotland’s leading HIV and Hepatitis C charities, has received funding from the Wellbeing Fund to support their most vulnerable service users living with HIV or hepatitis C, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The fund will help Waverely Care support people (including those who are destitute, struggling financially, have poor emotional or mental health, or who are at heightened risk for other reasons) as they socially isolate or shield.
As a result of the funding, Waverley Care are able to purchase a range of essential items and services enabling people to be safe and well at home, including (amongst others):
- mobile phone top-ups
- gas and electricity top-ups
- pay as you go mobile phones and tablets
- costs of medications being delivered from pharmacy to home
- talking therapy
For further information, or to request support from Waverley Care, please contact the appropriate person listed below:
- for the north of Scotland, contact Rory Anderson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- for the east of Scotland, contact Robert Pollock by phone: 07929132675, or email: email@example.com
- for the west of Scotland, contact Nathan Mwesigwa by phone: 07853041130, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org