Scottish Water is working in partnership with Home Energy Scotland, community groups and stakeholders to distribute water saving packs to Scottish households between 2017 and 2021.
The packs are free to householders, and aim to promote the benefits of using water wisely, help protect future water supplies and keep more water in the natural environment. The packs also aim to help householders save energy as well as water which will be beneficial for individuals who are vulnerable to fuel poverty.
The water saving pack includes:
- a detailed brochure, with ideas and suggestions to help householders use water wisely, saving both water and energy
- a range of free water devices
The overall approach is to encourage communities to become water efficient, mainly by:
- working with local partners to help plan a series of activities, in order to develop and deliver the campaign
- preparing an information sheet, highlighting key water statistics for the local area and other relevant information
- distributing the packs through events, partnership activity and Home Energy Scotland activities
- local promotion activities
- producing briefing packs for schools, employers and other organisations
Staff working for partners will be offered training, enabling them to provide advice and capture the information required to identify which devices are suitable for each household.
For further information, including how to request a pack, please contact Claire Forite by phone: 0131 555 7910, or email: Claire.Forite@est.org.uk