Our team at Volunteer Falkirk would like to invite you to join our upcoming “Pop-In” remote volunteering support sessions – each session will be a space for creating, developing, adapting and troubleshooting all aspects of your volunteering programme.
The first session will be held on Friday 25th September, 1pm – 3pm.
Each session will be held on Zoom, with a slight difference to the format to other Zoom meetings you may have joined, to allow you to maximise your time and avoid “Zoom burnout”.
We would like to try the following adaptations to make your experience of the”‘Pop-In” sessions work for you:
- No cameras required, you are welcome to turn off when you wish (though please do let us know ahead of time if you have communication needs that can be supported by the use of the camera).
- The session will stay open for the duration of the meeting, but you are welcome to leave without apology when you have completed the piece of work you are focusing on, or when you have the information you need.
- The first 15 – 20 minutes will be the active part of the session, the rest of the time can be used as you see fit to dip in and out of, as our development officer will be available for support throughout.
- We will make use of the text chat function, as well as the usual voice and video chat, to share documents and links that may be helpful, and to take questions and suggestions about what kind of information and support would be most helpful for future sessions.
- We ask that you have one policy, process, question or issue you would like to discuss and work on, ready for the beginning of the meeting.
- We would love you to bring along any resources you have found helpful, to share with others.
This is a new way of working for us, and we will review how helpful these sessions are on a regular basis.
Afterwards, we would appreciate your feedback on how this format has worked for you and how it could be improved upon. We have been embracing the challenges of working throughout this period of lockdown restrictions, along with the rest of our local third sector, and we want to try something new that will help you to carve out time to get to the pieces of work that are most essential to you, your organisation and your volunteer programme.
Whether your volunteers have been helping throughout the period of COVID-19 lockdown, have recently returned to their usual volunteer tasks as lockdown restrictions have eased, or you are still working towards this, we would like you to join us.
It is more important than ever for volunteer involving organisations to make sure their policies and processes are clear, easy to follow and up to date. Our teams at Volunteer Falkirk and CVS Falkirk are here to help and support you.
To confirm your attendance and receive the Zoom meeting link, or to discuss the format or content of these sessions further, please contact Lynsey Hansford by phone: 07917006943, or email: email@example.com