An update on information and resources available during the ongoing Falkirk gas supply emergency, as of Tuesday 3rd December:
- SGN has announced its reconnected more than 3,000 properties’ gas supply across Falkirk – work is ongoing and may still take a few days. They remind people that engineers will need access to their properties to reconnect their supply, and to always check their engineers’ photo ID (which all SGN engineers have). Their next update will be at 12pm.
- Members of the SGN team (long with heating supplies) are still available at the Camelon Community Education Centre, Ambercrombie Street, Camelon, FK1 4HA today. They can also be contacted by phone: 0800 912 1717.
- Langlees Primary School is again opening their dinner hall 1pm – 2pm to provide hot food for anyone still without gas, at David’s Loan, Falkirk, FK2 7RG.
- All Falkirk Libraries (including next to St Francis Xavier’s Church on Hope Street) are open and free to access, with heating. Anyone can sit inside any library during opening hours without needing to be a member, and children are welcome. Some libraries have drinks machines available, and all have wifi.
- As reported by Councillor Laura Murtagh on Twitter, Stenhousemuir Primary School today donated a large pot of soup and filled rolls to the Tryst Community Centre, Park Drive, Stenhousemuir, FK5 3BB; the Centre is also providing a warm place with heaters for those without gas.
- Falkirk Council confirmed yesterday that all schools and nurseries would reopen, aside from:
- Bainsford Primary School and Nursery Class
- Larbert Early Learning and Childcare Centre
- Kinnaird Primary School and Thistle Wing
- As of 2:30pm today, all schools will reopen tomorrow, Wednesday 4th December; any changes will be available via the Falkirk Council website.
- Falkirk Council are also operating 2 support centres again today, 12pm – 8pm, at Tryst Community Centre and Bainsford Community Hall, David’s Loan, Bainsford, FK2 7NS.
We’ll keep updating as we learn more.
To provide any information or details on local support available, please contact the CVS Falkirk office by phone: 01324 692000, or contact Laura Jamieson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org