Falkirk’s Child Protection Committee’s next Practitioner Forum events will take place a the Municipal Chambers, Bo’ness Road, Grangemouth, FK3 8AH on:
- Tuesday 24th September, 2pm – 4:30pm
- Tuesday 29th October, 9am – 11:30am
The sessions (titled “Neglect and Grounds for Referral to SCRA”) focus on the issues raised around sharing information, and how to dispel myths around neglect and referrals to the Scottish Children’s Reporter Administration (SCRA), in order to build good practice.
The sessions are open to staff from all agencies, including Falkirk Council, Police Scotland, NHS Forth Valley, Reporters, Children’s Panel members and third sector partners. Places are allocated across all services.
The training sessions will provide:
- a brief overview of the role of the Reporter
- an explanation of the Reporter’s decision making framework
- an understanding of where neglect fits within Grounds for Referral
By the end of the session, attendees should have a greater understanding of:
- the role of the Reporter and their decision making
- where neglect fits within Grounds for Referral, and what evidential requirements are needed
- when and how to refer to the Reporter for consideration of compulsory measures of supervision
- how referral agencies and reports writers can assist Reporters
Places are limited, and booking is essential. Places will be confirmed by email.
To book your place at either session, or for further information, contact Stuart Morrison by phone: 01324 590539, or email: email@example.com
Alternatively, view the course flyer.
Please note, education staff should book their place through their CPD Manager.