Forth Valley Alcohol and Drug Partnership (FVADP) are holding a one-day Understanding Stigma training course on Monday 21st May, 9:30am – 4:30pm at Signpost Recovery, Cooperage Way, Alloa, FK10 3LP.
The aim of the training is to give attendees a distinct set of knowledge and skills, helping them understand and address alcohol- and drug-related stigma.
The objectives of the training to help attendees:
- recall the meaning of stigma and the theory relating to stigma
- identify and understand the specific stigma attached to people who use substances, people in treatment or in recovery from substance use
- describe the consequences of the cycle of stigma
- identify our own attitudes and beliefs towards treatment options and treatment outcomes for substances
- identify language and practice which de-stigmatises people affected by substance use
- challenge stigma attached to people who use substances, people in treatment or in recovery from substance use
To book your place, please visit the Scottish Drugs Forum website.