Under The Trees CIC specialises in outdoor learning, working with a wide array of different people across Scotland. They are currently recruiting for a Volunteer Development Officer for their new volunteer programme, a two year project aimed at people aged 16-24 years living in the Falkirk area.
The post is 25 hours per month, based in Falkirk (primarily at home), with a wage of £12 per hour and an initial fixed contract of two years, though this may be extended due to funding. Hours and days are flexible in agreement with the project manager; hours maybe initially be higher than 25 hours per month due to project start-up.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the new volunteer programme, with support and guidance available from the project manager. However, applicants should be able to work under their own initiative and within a budget, and be confident engaging with outside organisations to create the programme.
Regular meetings with both the project manager and volunteers is required. The post is subject to a three month probationary period.
- developing a training programme for volunteers aged 16-24, linking in with outside organisations where appropriate
- recruiting volunteers linking in with the local job centre, schools and colleges, advertising and promoting the project
- working within an agreed budget
- meeting regularly with both the project manager and volunteers to monitor the project
- developing a volunteer training manual detailing relevant policies and procedures in line with the work of Under The Trees CIC.
- supporting the development of volunteers’ knowledge, skills and competence
- maintaining records of all volunteering participation and outcomes.
- addressing problems affecting volunteers
- developing resources for volunteers
- identifying, assessing and controling health and safety risks, undertaking risk assessments where required
- organising internal and external events involving volunteers
- ensuring disclosure checks are undertaken and policies and procedures are adhered to.
- leading and participating in meetings involving volunteers
This list is not exclusive and other responsibilities may occur in line with the role requirements.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 6th October, with interviews likely to be held the week commencing Monday 10th October.
To apply, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV, together with a cover letter explaining why you should be considered for the post, to: FAO Jessica Thomson, 11, Windsor Road, Falkirk, FK1 5EL.
Alternatively, send your application, or any queries or inquiries, to Under The Trees CIC by email: email@example.com
For futher information on the organisation, visit the Under The Trees CIC website.